Quad-shield, RG59 headend cable is used in headend applications which require longer runs or higher bandwidth. It’s also available in an 8-pack version, and is equivalent to CommScope HEC-2 cable. See connector sections for compatible F and BNC connectors.
- Impedance: 75 ± 3 ohms
- Nom. Inductance: .097 Micro-H/ft
- Nom. Capacitance Conductor to Shield: 16.2 pF/ft
- Nom. Velocity of Propagation: 83%
- Nom. Delay: 1.2 ns/ft
- Structural Return Loss: 5 - 1000 MHz, 20 dB Min.
- Max. Operating Voltage: 300 V RMS
- Nom. Conductor DC Resistance @ 20°C: 25.8 ohms/1000’
- Nom. Shield DC Resistance @ 20°C: 6.6 ohms/1000’
- Temperature Rating: -40° To +80°C
- Min. Bending Radius: 2.5” (single); 10” (8-pack)
- Max. Pulling Tension: 140 lbs
- Conductor Material & Dia: 20 AWG Solid Silver Plated Copper Covered Steel, .032”
- Dielectric Material & Dia: Gas Injected Foam Polyethylene, .144”
- Shield Type: 1st Layer - Bonded Duofoil
- 2nd Layer - 95% Alum Braid
- 3rd Layer - Duofoil Tape
- 4th Layer - 95% Alum Braid
- U.L./NEC & CEC Rating: CATV or CM; UL-1581 Vertical Tray Flame Test
- Available in 11 colors
See PDF for complete technical information.