The MAMU unit is composed of a stack of multiple termination shelves and one splice shelf.
Each Fiber Termination Shelf is equipped with connector panels, fiber termination and fanouts. Each splice shelf is equipped with mass-fusion or single-fusion splice organizers. All of the shelves are secured together in the factory, shipped and installed as a single unit.
The assembly is supplied pre-terminated with a complement of 12-fiber ribbon fanouts. The fanouts supplied in each shelf have individual single-mode SC or LC Connectors on one end and are unconnectorized on the other end. The unconnectorized end of each fanout is routed from the rear of the termination shelf position to the splice shelf and into the splice organizers. The unconnectorized end is positioned in the organizer ready for mass fusion or single fusion splicing. The unconnectorized end of each fanout is clearly identified to correspond to a termination shelf and to the connector positions within that shelf.
The splice shelf and organizers are located at the bottom of the assembly, in the position most convenient for splicing.
The MAMU is available for 432-fiber termination. This unit comprises a stack of six LST1U-072/7 Fiber Termination Shelves and one LSS1U-144/7 Splice Shelf for a total height of 49 inches (1244 mm).
A high-density MAMU is also available for terminating 864 fibers. This unit consists of six LST1U-144/9 Fiber Termination Shelves and one LSS1U-864/9 Splice Shelf for a total height of 63-inches (1600 mm).
A mini-MAMU is also available for the 216-fiber terminations.
- Easy network build
- On bay splicing
- No cable stubs or riser cables to deal with
- Fits 19 inch, 23 inch or ETSI frames.
- Pre-terminated and pretested shelves
- These shelves only require mounting to the network frame, reducing installation time and cost.
- MAMU shelves are easily ordered, together with their associated components, thereby reducing inventory costs.
- Having 36 or 72 mass fusion splices that connect to 432 or 864 terminations, respectively, saves splicing time.