The OptiSheath™ Advantage Terminal (UCA4-xx and UCA5-xx) is designed for the aerial, pole, pedestal or buried fiber access network.
This innovative terminal provides sealed environmental protection and quick incremental connection of subscribers’ drop cable. This unique design allows additional subscribers to be connected without opening the terminal, saving significant time and money.
Features & Benefits
- Provides a low-cost aerial or buried terminal optimized for optical access architectures
- OptiSheath Advantage Terminal is designed to install easily on strand, wall, pole, pedestal or below-grade in a handhole or manhole
- Blank adapters available for branch splicing of flat drop cables into terminal
- Appropriate number of pigtails in splice tray included with terminals
- Wall bracket (-W) includes UCAO-BK1 or pole bracket (-P) includes UCAO-POLE
- Designed and third-party tested to meet the requirements of Telcordia GR-771-CORE, Issue 1
- Terminal Fiber Management Capabilities include:
- Up to 6 feet of slack storage
- Maximum fiber cable capacity is 72 loose tube and 216 ribbon
- Accommodates up to 3 splice trays (36 single fibers)
- Mass ribbon splicing available with ribbon tray (UCAO-ST-03) ordered separately, maximum 144 splices (3 trays)