As an industry leader in optical connectivity products, Corning designs and manufactures the SST-Drop™ cable assembly with factory-terminated, environmentally sealed and hardened connectors to reduce the cost and the time of drop cable deployment in optical access networks.
The OptiTap® single-fiber drop cable assembly is specifically designed to significantly reduce required drop cable installation.
Features and Benefits
- Available with one or both ends connectorized
- Hybrid (one end with an OptiTap Connector, one end with standard SC connector) available with or without pulling grip
- Available in dielectric or toneable
- Designed for aerial, direct-buried or duct installation
- Self-supporting at 40 lbf installation tension, 150 ft
- OptiTap connector technology
- Robust design keeps connector intact during installation
- Integral pulling eye/connector cap designed for 100 lb maximum pulling tension
- Designed for rapid connection to external flush-mounted bulkhead adapters on terminals or closures
- Can be pulled through 1.25-in conduit