Optical Amplifiers for HFC Networks
Motorola's OmniStar GX2-OA100B Series erbium-doped optical amplifiers serve multiple applications for HFC networks including super-trunking, direct distribution to many nodes, and DWDM narrowcast and return. The GX2-OA100B Series optical amplifiers are designed for use with the OmniStar® GX2 1550 nm broadcast transmitters and DWDM transmitters. With adjustable output and several nominal output powers available, the GX2-OA100B Series accommodates a wide range of link budgets. Its three operating modes can satisfy a wide range of system design requirements: Constant Output Power mode to maintain exact optical levels; Constant Pump Power mode to optimize noise figures; and Constant Gain mode for DWDM applications. The GX2-OA100B Series Optical Amplifiers employ a proprietary erbium-doped fiber formulation that provides low noise performance, along with the most reliable pump lasers available in the industry.
Other user benefits offered as part of the OmniStar GX2 platform include: higher density, SNMP interface for network management, and Quick-Swap module capability.
Low noise figure
• Nominal output powers from +13 dBm to +22 dBm
• User-settable optical power alarms
• Flat gain for DWDM applications from 1546 nm to 1562 nm
• Constant Output Power, Constant Gain, and Constant Pump Power Modes
• Front Panel Key Switch for pump on/off control
• Quick-Swap capability allows replacement modules to be automatically configured to prestored settings
• Operating temperature range from -20°C to +65°C
• Ethernet SNMP status monitoring through OmniStar GX2 control module