|• Large backlit display and ability to operate in temperatures as low as -4o F (-20o C) allow use in a vast range of locations and conditions.
• Accurate to 4 in. on shortest range.
• Six selectable ranges (from 30 to 9000 ft.) allow for effective fault locating on long- and short-range fault conditions.
• Contrast control compensates for ambient lighting.
• Balance control nulls the initial transmitted pulse to allow the user to see faults close to the instrument.
• Four gain settings for each range allow the user to adjust the amplification of the trace to detect a wider range of faults.
• FastFind key simplies operation by automatically adjusting the instrument's range and gain and places the measurement cursor at the major event on the cable.
• Internal voltage blocking filter provides input protection up to 300 volts.
The Megger CFL510F is an advanced instrument capable of identifying a wide range of cable faults using Time Domain Reflectometry. It offers exceptional features and a range capability normally associated with larger, more expensive instruments. The measurement range spans from 30 feet to 9,000 feet, with a minimum resolution of four inches.
The Model CFL510F can be used on any cable consisting of at least two insulated metallic elements, one of which may be the sheath or shield of the cable. The CFL510F has internal matching networks to allow testing of 25-, 50-, 75-, and 100-W cables. (These correspond to power, cellular, CATV, and telephone cable). The FastFind key simplifies waveform interpretation by automatically adjusting the instrument's range and gain and places the measurement cursor at the major event on the cable.