|EXFO’s FTB-8525/8535 Packet Blazer test modules deliver FC-0, FC-1 and FC-2 logical layer Fibre Channel testing for services delivered via transport protocols such as DWDM, SONET/SDH and dark fiber. They provide valuable timing information as well as buffer credit estimation for Fibre Channel network deployment. These modules support the full range of Fibre Channel interfaces: 1x, 2x, 4x and 10x.
The FTB-8525/8535 modules also offer an optional test suite for complete performance validation of Ethernet services. This allows for fully integrated datacom testing in the industry’s smallest form factor including complete Fibre Channel and Ethernet test functionalities.
• Simultaneous traffic generation and analysis at 100 % wire speed for 1x, 2x, 4x and 10x Fibre Channel rates
• Fully integrated FC-0, FC-1 and FC-2 logical layer testing, enabling fabric and port login
• 10 Mbit/s up to 10 Gbit/s LAN/WAN Ethernet testing
• Round-trip latency measurements for assessing the capability of a link
• Buffer-to-buffer credit estimation for optimal configuration of Fibre Channel nodes
• BER testing of Fibre Channel circuits
• Easy-to-use interface for configuration settings, customization of test routines, and real-time and historical performance reporting
• Bidirectional RFC 2544 (throughput, latency, frame loss and back-to-back) for Ethernet service performance assessment
• EtherBERT™ for bit-error-rate testing of 10, 100, 1000 Mbit/s and 10 Gbit/s Ethernet circuits
• Complete carrier Ethernet services testing portfolio: PBB-TE (MAC-in-MAC), MPLS and IPv4/6
• Q-in-Q capability for up to three layers of stacked VLANs
• Remote control through Visual Guardian Lite software and VNC
• Packet jitter measurements (IP packet delay variation as per RFC 3393) to qualify Ethernet transport networks for transmission of delay-sensitive traffic such as voice-over-IP (VoIP) and video
• Multistream generation and analysis allowing quality of service (QoS) verification through VLAN and TOS/DSCP prioritization testing