|Designed specifically for the CATV industry, the 402K Cable Tone Test Kit sends tone through any passive device along the cable path, such as splitters, traps and directional couplers. No more figuring out non-tagged or mistagged cable drops. The 402K is simple to use and provides fast, accurate results.
Transmitter and receiver are equipped with female F-type connectors and provide both audible and LED test and tone indications. Optional adapter test leads allow 402K use on distribution cables as well as wire pairs or signal conductors. User defined tone output allows up to four 402T Toner units to be used simultaneously for tracing multiple cable runs.
As a continuity tester, the 402K provides both audible tone and LED display to indicate resistance levels and identifies the presence of AC or DC voltage on the cable under test. The newly-designed 402R receiver provides three methods of signal reception:
• Electrostatic pickup for non-terminated cables;
• Electromagnetic pickup for terminated or shorted cables; and,
• Direct connection when identifying in the presence of passive devices.
• The 402K CATV Cable Tone Test Kit consists of one transmitter, one receiver, one male F-to-F connector adapter, one male F-to-alligator clip adapter cable and the rugged 700C Carrying Case (also available separately.)
• Tone through splitters
• Identify no-tagged cable drops
• Identify mis-tagged cable drops
• Fast, accurate cable identification
• Sends tone to identify wires
• Four distinct tone signatures
• Simple to use
• Adjustabble volume control
• Visual and signal strength indication
• Large speaker for noisy environments
• Rugged industrial design