- Professionally engineered to safely deliver just the right amount of heat, the CHT is the smart alternative to the hazardous practice of using lighters or torches to soften cable jacket material.
- Simple, efficient design
- Safely makes cable jacket material more pliable, more workable
- Reduces the force needed for connector insertion by more than 300%
- Medical-grade, waterproof silicone casing
- Field tested and proven to withstand the harshest conditions and toughest applications
- Long-lasting, rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Wide range of cable applications
- Easy operation, easy-to-read indicator lights - 8.5 Inches in Length
Efficient Design and Easy Operation
The CHT is comfortable to hold, easy to operate, and reliable even in the toughest working conditions. There’s no special technique or guesswork required to get perfect results every time. Designed to withstand the toughest field conditions, the Heat Prep CHT performs reliably in the harsh winter environments where cable heating is needed most. With the push of a button, color-coded indicator lights show exactly when the CHT has reached the appropriate temperature and is ready to use. No need to worry about excessive, cable damaging heat.
The battery provides 15 to 45+ heating cycles per charge, depending on conditions, and a total life of 10,000 heat cycles. The indicator light shows charging status.
A Large Range of Typical Cable Applications
The CHT is designed to ensure precise connections when working with many different cable types, brands and gauges up to an outer dimension of .45", including RG-6 and RG-11, direct-burial, LMR-style, plenum and power cables.
Performs well in pedestals with direct burial cables because it helps with leverage and poor visibility in tights spots to get the cable to cooperate when installing connectors.
In headend applications, four cables are warmed in the tool at once and then quickly connected. This helps to reduce downtime and fatigue to the installers.