AllWave® FLEX ZWP Single-Mode Fiber is the first Zero Water Peak G.652D fi ber to offer outstanding bend performance for Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH), enterprise networks, or any application where small bend diameters may be encountered.
AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber maintains very low bending loss across the full usable spectrum of wavelengths from 1260 to 1625 nm. It can be coiled into a 20 mm diameter loop with < 0.5 dB incurred loss at 1625 nm and < 0.2 dB incurred loss at 1550 nm – fi ve times better bending performance than conventional single-mode and leading LWP fibers. AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber also helps improve cable performance in demanding high-stress and low-temperature environments by providing double the microbending performance of conventional single-mode fibers.
AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber retains the performance benefits of OFS’ AllWave Zero Water Peak fi ber, the first fiber to eliminate the water peak defect found in conventional single-mode fiber. AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber has stable and permanent low loss, due to OFS’ patented ZWP fiber manufacturing process, which eliminates hydrogen-aging defects. Fully compliant with ITU-T G.652.D, it exhibits unsurpassed geometry control for the lowest splice and connector loss, as well as ultra-low and stable Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) for maximum reach and bandwidth. It is fully compatible with AllWave ZWP Fiber and other conventional single-mode fiber types.
The macrobending and microbending loss improvements of AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber offer a number of advantages for demanding access, enterprise and central offi ce applications.
The new fiber can protect the network against excessive loss resulting from inadvertent fiber bends. It is less susceptible to physical disturbances from cable fl exing, pulling and crushing, as well as to bending due to routing within enclosures and cabinets. AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber enables more compact cabinet and enclosure designs – an important advantage in FTTH applications. For high bandwidth applications, such as 10 Gb/s and 40 Gb/s wavelength division multiplexing, AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber can dramatically improve reliability related to system outages caused by fiber bend sensitivity that can threaten service in networks operating at longer wavelengths such as 1550 nm or 1625 nm.
Features and Benefits:
• Fully compatible with all conventional singlemode fiber international standards. The addition of AllWave FLEX ZWP Fiber to an existing network will maximize the extended network performance.
• Superior bend performance, even for L-Band wavelengths up to 1625 nm – < 0.5 dB loss (1625 nm) and < 0.2 dB loss (1550 nm) at 20 mm diameter – saves space, time and money
• Dramatically improves reliability related to system outages caused by fiber bend sensitivity in high-bandwidth applications (such as Wavelength Division Multiplexing) operating at high wavelengths
• Easier to install, handle and store in space-constrained applications such as FTTH
• A 50% increase in usable optical spectrum enabling 16-channel CWDM and DWDM support
• Tightest geometry control for lowest splice loss and improved connectorization performance
• Extremely low fiber PMD enables speed and distance upgrades
• Outstanding reliability, environmental performance, and strippability provided by industry leading DLux® Coating
• Protected by OFS U.S. patents and world wide