The J2 Cable Lasher is used to lash an aerial cable or numerous cables to supporting strand or to an existing lashed cable with stainless steel lashing wire. The J2 Lasher’s design also gives it maximum service life. The body is cylindrical to help it slip more easily through branches and obstructions. There is a built-in mechanical brake to prevent unintended reversal, an automatic drum lock for easy span transfers, an all-range tensioning device for optimum strand traction and high strength front and rear gates for tighter lashing.
· Will lash any single or multiple aerial cables up to 3" (76 mm) diameter across on any suspension strand from 1/4" (6 mm) to 7/16" (11 mm). A factory modification will allow the lasher to accommodate 1/2" (13 mm) strand if necessary.
· Consists of a rotating drum supported on a carriage that provides the mounting for a driving mechanism, cable lifters, cable and strand rollers.
· Each of two recessed magazines will hold a 1200' coil of .045" (365 m of 1.1 mm wire) lashing wire (or 450' of .065".). The lashing Wire is fully recessed and covered by a gate.
· Features a fast setup procedure, quick coil loading, and automatic drum lock for easy span transfers and smooth forward travel.
· J2 Lashers make overlashing easy. Just push down on the strand roller knob, rotate it a quarter turn and you can lash additional cables together on previously lashed cable.
· Positive internal gear to gear mechanism has no chains or belts to stretch, slip or break.
· Constructed with heat-treated, plated steel, stainless steel, brass and aluminum components. Contains sealed and oil-less bearings to minimize maintenance and assure durability.
· Pre-drilled and tapped at the factory for mounting of the lasher guard or “halo”. For use when lashing on overgrown areas.
· The lasher is furnished with a rugged lightweight storage chest with corrosion resistant hardware, recessed latches and a moisture-proof, tongue-in-groove for maximum protection when not in use.
· Supplied with a 6' bridle rope assembly and snap hooks, and an information and operation manual.