EXFO’s BV10 series is a low-cost, easy-to-configure, dedicated, smart performance endpoint device that is fully interoperable with any standards-based Ethernet test unit.
The BV10 can be easily deployed across the entire network without having to interrupt services, offering Ethernet service providers an economical alternative to remote testing, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Service providers are continuously challenged to improve network performance and reliability while controlling operational costs. One of the key challenges in testing and monitoring network performance is having full visibility across the entire network. Thanks to a very low deployment cost, the simple and intuitive BV10 can be quickly installed at any number of sites to reduce human intervention and enhance network performance visibility. In fact, the BV10 provides visibility without having to send field technicians to remote sites and/or use more expensive Ethernet network interface devices to perform simple loopback functionalities.
Features and Benefits
- Fully integrated in EXFO’s end-to-end mobile backhaul solution for service turn-up, troubleshooting and performance monitoring
- Offers complete network visibility at a third of the cost of traditional Ethernet NID solutions
- Simple and remote management for zero-truck-roll network maintenance
- Completely standards-based, supporting Ethernet OAM, with 802.1ag and Y.1731 message response as a performance endpoint, as well as TWAMP (RFC 5357)
- Capability to perform full-line-rate loopback from layer 2 up to layer 4 with rates of 10/100/1000 Mbit/s